Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Mitchell's 1st Day of Preschool!

We have entered a new chapter of parenting....preschool. As parents our worries and fears change and grow with our children each year. We use to worry about him chocking on food when he was learning to eat, falling down when he was learning to walk...Now our fears consist of...did I choose the right preschool for him, did we teach him manners and to respect others, will he catch on quickly, will he make friends and will he listen?? It is also new and exciting for me. I will slowly get to know the other mom's, become involved in his school, going on field trips, support the students and teachers. It reminds me of when my mom would help out in the classroom when I was in school (kindergarten) a LOOOOONNNNNGGG time ago, I thought it was cool to have my mom there with me and they are some of my fondest memories. This is going to be a great learning adventure for all of us!
Today Mitchell started preschool. He was so excited.. It was such a bittersweet moment for me.When I dropped him off, he was shy at first and clung to my leg for dear life, I stayed with him until he was comfortable... He warmed up quickly.. He got a little teary eyed but stayed strong. I kissed him goodbye, told him I would be back in a couple of hours, he said "OK mommy, love you"... and he didn't even look back.. He was too involved with a puzzle he had started doing with one of his teachers... I know Pete and I have taught him well and will continue to do so. He is a great kid, a great big brother and we are so proud of him!
Mitchell eating his cereal before getting ready Mitchell ready for school
Sporting his new "packpack" as he calls it that his Oma bought for him
"Mom, I am in my classroom" (embarrassing him already)
He quickly got comfortable and started working on a puzzle

Deciding on what puzzle piece to use next
Consulting with Miss Tiffany on his puzzle piece (this was taken from the classroom door after our goodbye)
Here are pictures of the 1st two crafts Mitchell made at school
Mitchell's painted hand print with a poem
Mitchell and Xander after school at home waiting for their lunch
Ms. Dina told me that Mitchell did a great job on his first day.
Mitchell told me how much fun he had and all the new friends he had made.. He can't wait to go back...

1 comment:

Mandy said...

yeah Mitchell. I'm glad your first day went well. We are so proud of you for being brave!