A couple of weekends ago the kids and I went the East Bay for the weekend. We stayed with my dad and Rachel and then on Sunday, headed over to Brentwood for my nephew Caleb's birthday party. While with my parents, we went to the Lafayette Reservoir. For those who are looking for a wonderful day trip, this is a place to go, from Sacramento it would be a little over an hour drive. Lafayette Reservoir is located off of Highway 24 and a mile from the Lafayette BART station. This all-year, day-use area is ideal for hiking, jogging, fishing, boating and picnicking. You can rent paddle boats, the walk around the reservoir is almost 3 miles. They have a wonderful play structure similar to Fort Natomas. The thing I loved most was the animals... Turkeys, deer, birds of all kinds, ducks, geese, frogs and yes, snakes. Not sure of a park fee (we didn't have to pay when we entered)but you do have to pay for parking... Quarters only and it is two hour parking..
Being from the area, I completely forgot how beautiful the reservoir is...
No comments:
Post a Comment