Motherhood, you gotta love it and all that comes with it, especially the "distractions"....
dis·trac·tion
Pronunciation:
\di-ˈstrak-shən\
Function:
noun
Date:
15th century
1: the act of distracting or the state of being distracted ; especially : mental confusion
— dis·trac·tive \-ˈstrak-tiv\ adjective
Tuesday afternoon Alexander and I go pick Mitchell up from his preschool. We go in, Alexander explores, Mitchell runs up to me and gives me a hug then shows me all his art work for the day. I round up Alexander, sign Mitchell out and we head back to the car. As we walk to the car, Mitchell hands me his "pack pack" and his art work. My arms are loaded- Alexander trying to get the keys out of my mouth, then trying to rip apart Mitchell's art work and Mitchell asking me to take him to "Old McDonald's" for lunch.... At the car, I put Mitchell's "pack pack" and art work on the roof to keep Xander from destroying it, open the door for Mitchell to climb in. I walk around to the other side and put Alexander in his car seat, he is whining and telling me "no no" and trying to pry the keys out of my mouth.... In the meantime, Mitchell is still asking me to take him to "Old McDonald's" for lunch. Here are my replies " Alexander No, mommy needs her keys, Xander stop arching, no hitting mommy in the face... Mitchell we aren't going to McDonald's for lunch, Mitchell please stop whining and get in your car seat".... Finally Alexander is fastened, I walk to Mitchell's side and buckle him in and close his door. Sweating, I get in the car and drive on home. On our way home I am chatting with Mandy and we are discussing the new preschool Mitchell started and will be attending full time in February. Her son Colby (Mitchell's buddy) already attends. Still on the phone, I pull into the garage, get out of the car, go to get Mitchell out when it hits me..... OMG, I am such an IDIOT! I DROVE OFF WITH MITCHELL'S BACK PACK and ART WORK ON TOP OF THE CARE... OMG, ... In his cute little voice Mitchell says "mommy what happened?" My reply, "Mitchell mommy was so silly and drove off with your backpack and art work on top of the car, we have to drive back the way we came and look for it on the street". "Why mommy? where's my pack pack". I am back tracking my route... still on the phone... and VOILA!!! There is the back pack and art work, in the middle of the street just around the corner from Mitchell's preschool.... So I pulled into the turn lane, put my hazards on- get out of the car and retrieved the backpack and the run over art work. Backpack in good condition, a little dirty but no major damage. Mitchell asks " What happened?" Is my artwork OK? "Yes, sweetie- it got run over, there are some tire marks on it and some little gravel imprints, no holes, it still looks good". "Mommy, my pack pack is dirty, I don't like it dirty, why did a car run over it, you need to clean it mommy". " It is only dirt Mitchell, I will clean it when we get home. It is ok"
We drove home again this time, with the "pack pack" and artwork, inside the car.......
1 comment:
I am laughing so hard. That is the story of our lives right there. Gotto love being a mom.
Post a Comment